As usual, all of our classes, workshops, and retreats will be online for all to view. In addition, we are creating in-person services.
We are offering weekly classes in person - you can join us for Prayers for World Peace on Sundays (10 - 11:30am) and Monday's Modern Buddhism classes (7:30 - 9pm). If you are comfortable and want to practice with us in person we’d love to have you!
Covid 19 Guidelines/Restrictions for In-Person Courses
We are delighted to begin in-person courses again, which we are organising in accordance with current government guidelines.
For this reason, some restrictions apply and are set out below. These may change as guidance changes.
Please read carefully BEFORE booking. Also, we ask that you review the questionnaire below before attending classes.
By booking for an in-person event you accept the Covid-19 guidelines/restrictions below.
Please read carefully
If you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 or have developed symptoms (principally high temperature, persistent cough, loss of smell or taste among others) within the last 14 days, or, if you live with/or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or had symptoms of Covid-19 within the last 14 days, please do not attend classes until you have spent 14 days without symptoms.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
To help ensure the safety of all visitors and community members we have introduced new ways of working.
- Pre-book the class/course - Numbers are restricted to 15 attendees from the public to facilitate social distancing. You must pre-register. No drop-in attendees are permitted at this time.
- Face coverings are required for everyone attending classes. Please bring your own face covering.
- Please keep yourself and others safe by observing social distancing in all areas and by following the designated one-way systems.
- Arrive in good time for the class
- To avoid cross contamination please bring your own water
- Card payments only for the time being
- We kindly ask you not to hug any of your friends or volunteers
- Please do not attend the Center if you or anyone in your household has had symptoms of Covid 19 within the last 14 days
- Please do not attend if you have been in contact with anyone who is self isolating with symptoms of Covid 19 within the last 14 days
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come to this class.
What we are doing at KMC Houston:
Providing soaps and sanitizers in all public bathrooms
Enhancing our cleaning and disinfecting routine throughout all the buildings on site, to provide safe surfaces
Increasing space between the meditation seats
Adapting our COVID-19 plan following the advice of state, national and international health organizations
What you can do for others:
Wash your hands regularly and well
Reduce physical contact with others
Alert us if you have been at the center recently and experience symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19